1) First you need to wet your hair, COMPLETELY.
2) COMB through your hair, brushes are very bad when it comes to creating curls. If you have thick hair you may want to look into using a wide toothed comb. I got mine from walmart for under $5.00
3) Now here's a step that most people probably don't use but to me it has made a most definite difference in my hair. What you need to do is take your bath towl and (with your head flipped over) scrunch your hair with the towel only! Then flip upright and scrunch tilting your head to each side. If you don't know what scrunching is I will explain at the bottom.
4) Take a bottle of Designline Curl Lock Curl Cream or any other gel/mousse/curl cream and squirt a quarter size amount into the palm of your hand.
5) Smooth the product first in your hand and then (with head flipped) scrunch into hair with hands and then flip up right and scrunch sides.
6) Now, here's another helpful tip. If the back of your hair seems bumpy take a comb and comb carefully until your waves/curls start.
7) Now you have wonderful curls! Getting long layers cut into your hair can help with your curls as well.
I absolutely love this product. It smells SOOO good and really does hold your curls well. It's only about $12.00 from walmart but it is definately worth it. Unlike watery gels it is a cream, which my hair stylist says is the best thing in the world that you can use for curls!
I give this product 5 Stars: *****
Scrunching: Where you take a fistfull of hair in your hand, scrunch it, and keep scrunching pulling hair up to the very top of your head. Then release and redo or move on depending on if you approve of that curl/wave.
FTC: I am not in anyway affiliated with the company (Regis Corporation) that has created this curl lock cream. All products used for this post were bought by myself and, as always, all opinions are my own.